Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My user manual says to maintain salt level between 3.0 and 3.5gpl. The display on the unit is showing as 3.9gpl and app shows the same 3900 PPM.

Leslie's says I have 2950 ppm.
Taylor K-1766 test I did says 3000ppm.
Salt test strip says 3200ppm.

They all seems to be in the same ballpark but the salt cell is showing higher. Jandy claims damage if salt is too high or low. Pool is low due to evaporation so I want to add some water and more salt. I'm afraid if I add more salt to be more in the middle of the recommended level (so if water evaporates it's at the high end and if it rains and the water level is too high it will be at the low end) then the cell will think the level is too high and shut off.

How does one stay within the recommended range without the inaccurate reading on the cell thinking's it's too high?

Cell is one month old.

Reactions: GriffithJerryl
Press the “Salinity” button and hold it until it beeps 3 times.

The system will beep when you push it and then at 5 seconds and again at 10 seconds.

Release the button after the 3rd beep. Press and release the “Temperature “ button within 5 seconds to enter the salinity calibration screen.

The system will display the salinity reading, press the up arrow to increase the reading and the down arrow to decrease the reading.

When the proper reading is reached press the “Temperature” button within 5 seconds to store it in memory.

Reactions: GriffithJerryl
So I adjusted it down 600ppm so that it matched the salt test of 3200ppm.
The cell is now back to reading at 3900ppm and the Taylor test is at 3600ppm.

If I adjust it again down 300ppm more does that now mean I've offset it 900ppm total? Should I be seeing that much variance on a new cell?

So I adjusted it down 600ppm so that it matched the salt test of 3200ppm.
At that point, you should not have added salt. It was fine at 3,200 ppm.
If I adjust it again down 300ppm more does that now mean I've offset it 900ppm total?
It might have been adjusted by someone else earlier.

Here is a test you can do to diagnose the trisensor.

Disconnect the flow salinity temp sensor from the board.

Press and hold the test buttons marked salinity and R-temp. While still pressing the test buttons press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 2.8 gpl*.

While still holding the two front board test buttons press the ‘Pool Temperature’ key (‘D’). It should read 75° F or 24° C.

Next, press and hold the board ‘H-Temp’ test button, and at the same time press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) together with the ‘Chlorine Production Rate’ arrow down key (‘A’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 91° F or 33° C .

If the salinity reads 2.8 gpl, then the sensor is at factory calibration.

If the reading is higher or lower, then it is out of factory calibration.

At this point, I would calibrate it to 3.6 and leave it alone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.