Jandy AquaPure 1400 new sensor and low salt reading and can't calibrate

Jun 20, 2016
vista/ca
I thought our sensor had gone bad due to fluctuating low salt levels, so replaced with new sensor. The salt level was tested externally (Taylor K-1766) to be 3400 ppm, and new sensor reads 0.8 gpl (800 ppm). I'm unable to calibrate back to 3.4 through the calibration procedure: (Pressing Salinity until 3 beeps, then pressing Temp). Can someone advise why I'm unable to calibrate with the usual procedure, or know an alternative way to force the calibration back to 3.4? I've already tried power on/off and reset w/o success

PS: I'm at FW 02110A10 and set to PGM B as per instructions.

Thanks!

Last edited:
If the power interface board firmware is
02110A10 or 01220A15, you use program "A".

You're not using the little adapter board that goes between the sensor and the board, are you?

Make sure that the connection between the trisensor and the board is properly lined up.

If that doesn't work, there are 3 test buttons on the board that will help diagnose the problem.

Disconnect the flow salinity temp sensor from the front board. Press and hold the test buttons marked salinity and R-temp. While still pressing the test buttons press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 2.8 gpl*.
While still holding the two front board test buttons press the ‘Pool Temperature’ key (‘D’). It should read 75° F or 24° C.
Next, press and hold the board ‘H-Temp’ test button, and at the same time press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) together with the ‘Chlorine Production Rate’ arrow down key (‘A’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 91° F or 33° C .
If the readings are correct then the front board is O.K. and the problem is with the flow sensor.
On the other hand if the readings are different then it indicates that there is a problem with the board.

Last edited:
Thank you James. Switching to Prog A allowed me to get to calibration screen. The instructions were a bit unclear to me and I interpreted it as Prog B. After the system settled down a bit, it still reads low gpl and won't allow me to adjust any higher than that value even though the actual external sample is 3.4. Is there a max on the calibration adjustment that is preventing me from raising the gpl value higher? Thanks again for your help

Using the Test procedure: my numbers were close: 2.9 gpl, 74 F, and 91F. Would this indicate an OK board. The salinity range it would let me change using the calibration feature is in the range of 2.5 - 1.6 by increments of .1 (won't let me go lower than 1.6 or higher than 2.5). Maybe time to call a pool guy to check it out?

Make sure that the plug to the trisensor is plugged directly into the board with nothing in between. Make sure that the plug is lined up with the pins correctly.

Post a picture if you want a visible check.

It is plugged directly to board w/o daughter board and all lines up. Today reading 1.6gpl, so it's all over the place. I think I'll call my pool guy to have a look as it appears to be past what I can do at the moment, and he can do a cell and filter cleaning while out here. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.