Jandy AquaPure 1400 Controller can't recalibrate salinity

GSH

Jun 10, 2021
New Hampshire
I have a salt water pool with Jandy AquaLink RS and AquaPure 1400 chlorine generator. Recently my Tri-sensor died (start showing 0 salinity, despite actual salinity was 3200 ppm). It was 5 years old, and Jandy sensors are known for thei short service life, so I ordered and received a brand new sensor. Before changing sensors, I checked the Power Interface Board, and without sensor connected, in test mode it correctly showed 3200 ppm salinity and 74F temperature. After changing sensor to a new one, and running it for a few minutes, I discovered that with the new sensoror the system started showing 1900 ppm salinity (despite actual salinity in the pool was 3200 -- I measured it using 2 different calibrated devices, and both show the same). I decided to recalibrate salinity sensor using known procedure (15 seconds holding Salinity button, 3 beeps, then pressing Temp button to get into salinity calibration mode). I got into that calibration mode, adjusted salinity display to 3.2 and saved. Then I switched system off and then back on. Now the system shows 0.6 salinity with the sensor, 1.0 in "test" mode, and I can not get it back to salinity calibration mode. If I press and hold Salinity button and wait for 3 beeps, then press Temp button -- it simply shows temperature. I tried to remove power for a few minutes, for the whole hour -- nothing. 0.6 salinity indicated, and no way to get to salinity calibration mode.
So, two questions:
- is there a way to reset Power Interface board to REAL factory fresh mode (when the calibration reset to 3.2 in "test" mode")?
- Is there a trick to make salinity calibration mode available again?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread