Jandy Aqualink to control heat pump

MaxSmart

Jun 1, 2019
Windermere, FL
I am trying to figure out where to locate the control wire that I am supposed to use to have my Aqualink control panel control my new heat pump. It sounds like the correct wireset is "Pool Low Voltage Heater" on the green terminal bar, but I am not seeing any voltage (AC or DC) appearing across those terminals. There is a "Electric Heater" socket below the board, which does seem to output 65VAC when heater is set to on (0 when set off). Is this the output I should be using?

Other posts make me believe the green terminal should be the output (no mention of what voltage I should be seeing, however). And I believe the bottom terminals are all supposed to be 24VAC? Never have heard of 65v before. Is my Aqualink panel broken?

You want to connect to the Low Voltage Heater pins 1 & 2 on the Aqualink. It is just a relay connection that closes a circuit. The Aqualink does not supply voltage. The voltage is 24V from the heater on that wire. Follow 3.4.1 in the manual.

What heat pump are you connecting to?

A0E93CB4-5ADB-448C-8E2D-1FD2274E55D3.png

raypak 5450ti-e.
Oh, so I should have been testing using the continuity tester on my multimeter! Didn't think of that.

Connect 44 & 46 on the Raypak to 1 & 2 on the Aqualink with #14 wire.

8C165A1F-615E-4284-8C83-2FA7C277D554.png

It is a modern version of the fireman’s switch. You enable the REMOTE mode to enable those connections.

This is fantastic! Thank you so much! I was worried it would be like the gas heaters, where you have to change up all sorts of wires inside - looks like they have a terminal you can just plug into? No firemen's switch or anything like that?
Connect 44 & 46 on the Raypak to 1 & 2 on the Aqualink with #14 wire.

#14? Is that the recommended gauge? Seems like overkill for a non-power wire? Just making sure that wasn't supposed to be 24# - most of the Jandy is using 18 wire, even the JVAs which are actually driving motors.

See post #2. Jandy manual says #14 wire.

I think it is to limit resistance and voltage loss depending on length of the wire.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.