Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
This is a thank you to @JamesW. I have a 20 year old Jandy RS8 system and about a year ago I posted something that I didn't think a Jandy system as old as mine had a Spillover mode. JamesW insisted that Dip Switch 3 should enable spillover mode. For 20 years my system has been running with the Pool/Spa return valve slightly open to the Spa when in Pool mode and the spillover always running. Which meant I would have a rising pH all season.

Today I finally had the time to open up my panel and flip Dip Switch 3 and it worked! I also needed to move my Air Blower from Aux3 to Aux7. As Dip Switch 3 makes Aux3 the spillover control. My indoor control panel automatically displayed Spillover when Aux3 was pressed. I reset the cams on the return actuator so spa was fully closed when in pool mode.

I needed to set the label on Aux7 to Air Blower and change the programming of the buttons on my 4 button spa controller for Air Blower now on Aux7.

I set programs to automatically run the Spillover daily to keep the Spa water fresh. I set the Spillover to run 3 times a day - 9AM for 30 minutes, 1:30PM for 15 minutes; and 5PM for 30 minutes. Right now I have a 2HP SS pump. So when the return flow is all directed into the Spa the water flow is vigorous. It seems to me that it will not take much time to turnover the Spa water and refresh it.

Do folks think that is adequate time for the spillover to run daily?

Congrats on the getting the Aqualink Spillover mode working Allen. I went through the same thing.

Since every pool/spa combo is different, with different pumps, speeds, and spa volume, I think the best way to know how much time to run YOUR spillover is to test your spa water separate from your pool water. Test FC level before and after spillover and repeat that over the course of several spillovers to produce some repeatability. Pick a time of day when the FC might be at its lowest, e.g. after the SWG has been off for awhile, or at the end of a sunny day. Test spa and pool in parallel so you can compare FC levels side by side. If you are trying to get to the minimum end of spillover time, keep reducing time and frequency of the spillover and then pick a time/freq slightly above that.

I found that I only needed to run my spillover for 30 minutes per day (VSP @ 2200rpm) when there is little to no activity in the pool. If there are more bodies, then I sometimes run it again, but I keep my FC high enough (6-7ppm) to allow for that kind of excursion without another spillover cycle.

Allen,

I would start with running for 30 minutes, twice a day, but the key is to just test the Spa FC level..

If should stay close to the pool FC, or you need to adjust the time up or down.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I would start with running for 30 minutes, twice a day, but the key is to just test the Spa FC level..

If should stay close to the pool FC, or you need to adjust the time up or down.

Thanks. That is basically what I setup. I will see how it goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.