Jandy Aqualink Problems! I'm 99% there!!

rhp2001

In The Industry
Apr 4, 2024
SoCal
Hi,
I just upgraded to Iaqualink 3.0 with a rev T.2 controller.
The problem I'm having is that I cannot access my JVA mode on the control panel in service mode.
I can access my valves if I assign them to Aux b7 and b8 respectively. The problem with that is when I go to spa mode, there is no pump delay for the valves to transition.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Rob

If you want the pump to stop while the valves are changing you need to enable the PumpLockOut in the system setup menu. If the pump is running while the valves are changing then the PumpLockOut is disabled. Here’s a picture showing the pump lock out menu item.
IMG_0313.png
It’s the 3rd item on the top row.

As for controlling the valves in Service mode the button on the far right of the RS control panel will cycle through the various valve combinations each time you press the button. The LEDs above the button indicate which mode is active. It a valve should happen to be in a reversed direction for the indicated mode you can flip the toggle switch on the bottom of each valve actuator.

Thanks for your reply!
I did enable the pump lockout but I saw no difference.
And I tried the valve mode button and it is stuck on the lowest led, spa drain I believe and no other lights illuminate.
I can hear a relay clicking though.

You mentioned Aux's B7 and B8, I assume this means you have at least a 16 function system?
Where are your Intake valve and Return valve actuators plugged into? Are they plugged into the intake JVA and return JVA sockets on the main RS Control panel, or do you have them plugged in somewhere else?

Another thing, when you click the help button in the web interface what Model does it report? Does it report RS-8, or RS-16 Combo? Or does it say RS-8 Pool or Spa? You need to have a Combo model to support the automatic pool/spa valve switching functions.

Also what does your Assign JVAs page look like in the Web interface? Your intake and Return JVA's should show USED automatically and they should not be Free, and you shouldn't need to assign them to anything.

1712287698855.png
Here is what that page looks like on my system.

It sort of sounds like you may not have a Combo version of the main RS board?

I’m not sure what the non Combo system reports on that help screen. I know that @PoolGate has a non-combo system, maybe he can check his help screen and see what it reports for his system.

When yours says RS-2/14 Dual it may just be a different way of indicating a dual pool / spa combination.

Last edited:
I found a brochure on the various different versions of the Aqualink systems and your model RS-2/14 Dual is meant for systems that have dual sets of equipment (separate pump and heater) for the pool and spa. As such it doesn't understand switching the JVA intake and return valves automatically for the Pool, Spa, and spillover modes because dual equipment systems don't have JVA's to switch the common equipment between the pool / spa.

Here's a link to that brochure that shows the various models of the Aqualink boards.