Jandy APURE35C - Is this a good unit?

Re: Jandy APURE35C - Is this a good unit?

Is that sold new anymore? It is too small for your pool you should double the size of the SWCG compared to pool size. Look at the Aquapure 1400 instead if you want to stay with Jandy/Zodiac.

As noted in my other post, my 13yr old LM2-40 is dead and I'm looking for cost effective recommendations.

I live in Canada so selection is limited to Hayward, Pentair, Jucuzzi, and Jandy BUT i would prefer a CircuPool.

My questions are:
  • Is there a Circupool dealer in canada?
  • Out of the brands above, what is the best unit? I'm looking for reliability and cost effective replacement cell price over features
  • Any other advice??

Thank you in advance :)

Moved this post to this existing thread. Moderator, Marty

Last edited by a moderator:

Since it is rated for 35k gallons and you have a 27k gallon pool, you will need to run it at 100% like 19 hours a day. It would have to be a pretty good bargain and even then if you are not already running your pump that long take a look at how much extra electric that will use. Also check to see how much the cell replacement costs as it lasts around 5 years. Less if you run it more often like you will be.

This SWCG is end of life and on Jandy's archive pages. The replacement for it can be had for around $700. What are they trying to unload this one for?

https://www.jandy.com/en/products/water-sanitizers/truclear

Again though, it is really too small for your pool. We usually recommend double the size. I have a 29k gallon pool and run my 40k rated SWCG at 55% 24 hours a day.

I don't necessarily want to stay with Jandy, this unit is on clearance.

I would prefer a Circupool but there isn't a dealer in Canada that I know of.

You could purchase one and have it shipped to a mail drop in a US border town and drive over and pick it up.

Since it is rated for 35k gallons and you have a 27k gallon pool, you will need to run it at 100% like 19 hours a day. It would have to be a pretty good bargain and even then if you are not already running your pump that long take a look at how much extra electric that will use. Also check to see how much the cell replacement costs as it lasts around 5 years. Less if you run it more often like you will be.

This SWCG is end of life and on Jandy's archive pages. The replacement for it can be had for around $700. What are they trying to unload this one for?

$850 CAD. But you're all correct - its to small.

https://www.jandy.com/en/products/water-sanitizers/truclear

Again though, it is really too small for your pool. We usually recommend double the size. I have a 29k gallon pool and run my 40k rated SWCG at 55% 24 hours a day.

You could purchase one and have it shipped to a mail drop in a US border town and drive over and pick it up.

Good idea - I'm looking into this as an option.

If you call discount salt pool I think they will ship internationally

Shipping cost is north of $100, then there's duty, taxes, and brokerage :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A 40K rated SWCG should be fine for your climate. I assume you must run your pump 24 hours per day with that low setting in the past. You really do not need to run your pump that much unless you like to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.