Jandy Apure35 Chlorine Generator

Captng1

May 18, 2021
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I have a Jandy Apure 35 Chlorine Generator. It is not putting out any chlorine. I have 240v going into the power pack, but no DC voltage going out to the cell. I assume the transformer is bad? Can you buy just a new transformer, or does it come inside the PCB box?

The unit is 7 years old. As I mentioned, I have 240v going into the power pack, but no DC power coming out to the cell. I don't know if I need to replace the circuit board for the display, or the main PCB which I assume contains the transformer. The display shows
*Output Fault* There is an orange light on in the row of chlorine output lights. Please see the attached pic. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Jandy Chlor generator.jpg
    Jandy Chlor generator.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 5
Maybe a bad power supply.

Do you feel comfortable opening the box and taking some pictures?

Be careful not to pull the ribbon cable when opening the box.

The cable goes the display.

Only open it if you are comfortable working on this type of equipment.

I Have opened the box, no problem. What is it you want a picture of? Box and pool installed 2013. Yes, line to line is 240 volts. No DC volts at pins where cell hooks up. Should be 25.5v DC there. That is why cell is not producing chlorine. Salinity is OK. My pool guy checks it once a week. See attached pics..

Attachments

• Jandy  Apure35 Unit.jpg
    Jandy Apure35 Unit.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 8
  • Jandy CPB Box Open.jpg
    Jandy CPB Box Open.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 17
Check the board carefully for any damage to any parts.

Check the front and back of the board.

Check the fuses.

Do you have DC power where the cell cord wires connect?

Can you show 2 or 3 high resolution pictures of the front and back of the board from several angles?

As I mentioned, I do not have DC power where the cell cord wires connect. When opening the box, there is a circuit board attached to the cover with a ribbon connecting it to the main board, and the main board behind a metal cover. I assume my problem is with one of these two items? Being that there is 240v going in, and no DC volts coming out, I assume my problem is with the main board that also carries the transformer? I can purchase the whole complete main box with metal cover online. I have posted a pic below. I just didn't want to buy it if it could be the smaller board attached to the display cover that could be the problem?

Attachments

• Jandy Main PCB Box.jpg
    Jandy Main PCB Box.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 4
I assume my problem is with the main board that also carries the transformer?
You can't just assume things without good reasons.

There is a discolored resistor on the board.

I would try replacing that and any other component that looks bad.

I would check the front and back carefully for bad parts or solder joints and repair as needed.

jandy-cpb-box-open-jpg.334854

You can buy new parts or a whole new power supply if you would rather do that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks James,
I did test the fuses and they are ok. I do not have the ability to repair the board. I am not that electrically savvy. Removing and replacing I can do. I guess my question is do you think it is more likely that this main board we are looking at is the culprit, or could it be the smaller board attached to the cover housing for the display? If it is more likely the bigger board that contains the transformers, I can buy the entire box unit that I sent a pic of in my last post and just swap them out. Your thoughts?
Thanks,
Gary

I have a Jandy Apure 35 Chlorine Generator. It is not putting out any chlorine. I have 240v going into the power pack, but no DC voltage going out to the cell. There are two circuit boards in the box, the large main board which incorporates the transformers and a smaller board attached by a ribbon for the display on the front of the housing. Is it possible for the smaller board to create this problem, or only the main board?
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.