Jandy and Hayward compatibility

The Jandy won't communicate with the Hayward. You can use two relays to operate the pump as a two speed pump.

You should get a Hayward vsp. What is the software revision?

Thank You JamesW for the reply. Sorry so late with reply but I kinda put this problem on the back burner (Christmas and all) I have not purchased the ProLogic yet, but bought the Jandy VS a few months ago. Maybe I will sell the Jandy VS and get a Hayward VS.:confused: My 5 year old Pool was built with all Jandy Equipment, and that is why the Jandy pump. and after 5 years I HATE Jandy.

I do not have any automation or a salt system yet. Just trying to piece together the system. I just got a reply from INYOpool Support and this is what they said. I can not find anything in my Jandy manual that will support this, and they did not answer the pool light question.

Q: Will your Hayward PL-PS-4 ProLogic system control (communicate) with my Jandy VSP mod #VSFHP165JEP and my PAL-2000 LED LIGHTING SYSTEM?

A: Hi, Gary. The JandyFlo VS Pump can communicate with the ProLogic Controller. The instructions are located in the Jandy Pro Series VS FloPro™ Series Variable-Speed Pumps Manual.

I Don't think that the Jandy FloPro VS will communicate with a Hayward prologic. If someone says it will, can they provide actual instructions?

As I noted in a previous post, the pump can be controlled by remote contact closures (such as a switch or relay).

For non Jandy automation, such as Hayward, you can use available relays to operate the pump.

So, there is a way for Hayward to control the pump. Whether you want to consider it communication or not is subjective.

For ProLogic, you would set the pump type as two speed and use two relays to turn the pump on and off.

It's not communication in the same way as the automation being told that the pump is variable speed and being able to control the speeds.

Reactions: Mapex23

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.