moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
HI all,

A holiday rental home in my area has a spa side remote. The guests can turn on the spa mode (which will turn the valve from pool return to spa for 4 hours), another button can turn on the blower, and the final two buttons can turn on and off the spa or pool light. The remote is connected to an Aqualink RS one touch panel and I have full access to the iaqualink web interface.

Currently, when I guest wishes to use the spa they have to text the home owner after they press the spa button on the remote and he will go into the iaqualink home screen and select spa heat which heats the spa to 103 degrees. When they are done, they have to text him again, then he will turn on pool heat which is set to 85. Is there anyway of assigning that one button on the spa side remote to turn the heater to spa temperature at the same time?

I'm thinking the workaround would be to reassign the two light buttons to spa heat and pool heat (obviously relabeling the switch) and using the dusk feature to turn on the lights automatically, however, I don't think a guest could be trusted to turn the heat back to pool once the spa valve turned back.

Assign one of the spa side remote buttons from a light to SPA HEAT. You do not need to turn off POOL HEAT when you enable SPA HEAT. When you want to turn on the spa and spa heat you press SPA and SPA HEAT. That does not change the POOL HEAT setting. When you turn off the SPA and it automatically does back to POOL it goes back to the prior pool heat setting.

If you always want heat when using the pool or spa you can leave both POOL HEAT and SPA HEAT on all the time.

Thanks Allen,

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, If the guest presses the spa button on the remote AND the spa heat and leaves for the day, when the 4 hours is up (and I may change that to a shorter time), not only will the return actuator rotate back to spa and pool but the heater will go back to 85?

I will reassign one of the light buttons now (I will have to go down tomorrow and change the label).

Here is a photo. What you can't see is the big long UV system. Again, another ridiculously small filter,tom1.jpg

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, If the guest presses the spa button on the remote AND the spa heat and leaves for the day, when the 4 hours is up (and I may change that to a shorter time), not only will the return actuator rotate back to spa and pool but the heater will go back to 85?

When in POOL MODE the pool temperature setpoint is followed. When in SPA MODE the spa temperature setpoint is followed. Provided the heater is enabled for that mode.

Not sure how your Jandy system works, but with a Pentair system to shut off after 4 hours it has to be on an egg-timer circuit of some type. Otherwise, it will run for at least 12 hours...

I believe that with Jandy you can set up some type of group circuit.. If so, you could set up a new circuit and assign both Spa and Spa Heat to it and make it an egg-timer for 4 hours...

I don't know how to do it on a Jandy system, but assume it is going to be very similar to the EasyTouch.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I will try to get down in the morning and test it. I know there are guests arriving in the afternoon but once I press the spa control and relabel the light switch to spa heat I can always shut it off from home if it doesn't do what I want it do. The only other thing I need to do is rotate an actuator from vacuum port to skimmer and then disable it.

Here's another photo :)tom2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.