Porter ranch CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Summer started and I took out my dummy cell and our back my handy salt cell which is brand new and I haven't even usernir yet. I was run ing Chlorine during winter. I installed the cell starter it up and the gauge reading on the sandy is showing 4.8 on the jandy aqua link 1400 model. I started the salt cell and I set the percentage to 55 it’s been one day and I still don’t have any chlorine level. The flow is right the reading it proper and no error codes. It’s works. How long does it take to generate salt to chlorine and why is my level so high to begin with 4.8

How long does your pump run? What size is you pool? With no chlorine in the water, you'd need to add enough chlorine to kill anything in the water and then start to build up. SWGs typically are good at maintaining but not at increasing. Can you post a full set of test results? Do you have a K-1766 test kit?

If the Jandy1400 is reading 4.8, then I think it may have too much salt and the unit is shut down. If the salinity is 4.8 then you have 4800ppm salt and you should have a high salt reading. What lights are green on the display?

I do have the protest kit and all the reading are proper chlorine and free chlorine is low. 7.6 Ph 400 calcium hard 80 alkalinity 75 Cya acid
Salt is reading 4800 with test but 4.8 on display. The flownloggt is one salt.cell is on all working properly no error and codes. I haven't put salt in the pool for last 1 and half because I was in construction and I was just running.dummy cell and chlorine until I compete my project last 3 days.

Last edited:
Pro need to empty water add fresh. When I test the water half pool and half fresh to get 10ml mark I end up with 10 drop color change to 2000 ppm so I figure if I empty half the pool which is 37000 gallon then I'll pro be around 2400 and would end up adding a couple bags of salt.to get it to the 3200 Mx or 3500. Even better dad then sorry

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.