Jandy 1.5 VS Flo Pro with iqpump01 interface wont start

Kraken1

Aug 30, 2020
Wilmington,NC
Pump will not start even though automation interface says that it is running. I installed this pump and pool two weeks ago. I checked and there is power to the pump, salt chlorinator, and igpump01 automation interface. There are no obstructions, clicking or humming from the motor. I have reset the automation interface and reconnected to the WiFi. I believe i have a bum motor, or the automation interface is not telling the pump to turn on even though on my app it says it is running ( at zero rpm’s). Manually turning on the pump from the interface doesn’t work either. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
Have not seen many of these on the forum. I looked at the Owners Manual, nothing there for troubleshooting. Jandy pretty much requires you to contact an authorized service person to do anything with their equipment.
I assume you tried the 'Service' button.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thanks for the reply. I had my electrician troubleshooting on the phone with the Jandy service center today. It appears that the board on the motor is bad and they are going to send out someone to do a warranty replacement. I'm just a little bummed I've only had it running less than two weeks and it failed. However, grateful that it happened now while in warranty and can be replaced. Thanks again for the reply and a real plus to finding this site. Lots of great information for new pool owners like myself.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.