Aug 5, 2020
Katy
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
@1poolman1
I have the same jacuzzi jscs-40 salt cell and my service lights keeps coming on. I notice if I press the up and down arrow at the same time and it switches polarity that it the service lights goes away until it switches polarity again and stays on. The cells is clean and only two years old. What can be the cause of this? Is it possible the cell is failing so soon?

Moved from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a pool built a little over two years ago and had a jacuzzi brand swg installed. This season I noticed that the swg will trigger the service light when it’s it the negative polarity. I’m currently trying to have it repaired under warranty but I’m already planning ahead for a new swg and don’t plan on getting another jacuzzi swg. What brands have y’all used with good success and longevity? I have a basic pool setup, no automation if that makes a difference.

I would avoid the cell style used on the Jacuzzi SWG when used in conjunction with a VS pump:
1689686944810.png

That style of cell requires horizontal mounting at the highest point of the plumbing system. I found at low speeds, a gas bubble forms at the top of the cell which eventually exposes the top of the cell plates. It requires higher RPMs to clear the cell of gasses.

I'm happy with my Circupool RJ-45 which I installed in 2021. It's been running strong since.

Reactions: colinn and newdude
I would avoid the cell style used on the Jacuzzi SWG when used in conjunction with a VS pump:
View attachment 514820

That style of cell requires horizontal mounting at the highest point of the plumbing system. I found at low speeds, a gas bubble forms at the top of the cell which eventually exposes the top of the cell plates. It requires higher RPMs to clear the cell of gasses.

I'm happy with my Circupool RJ-45 which I installed in 2021. It's been running strong since.
As long as you keep the cap-end up, a vertical installation is just fine. Have done several and its in the manual. Started doing that when more VSPs were out and the slower speeds wouldn't fill the cell. Don't like the look, but it works.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
As long as you keep the cap-end up, a vertical installation is just fine. Have done several and it’s have a in the manual. Started doing that when more VSPs were out and the slower speeds wouldn't fill the cell. Don't like the look, but it works.
IMG_3972.jpeg
I have a vertical setup. Im wondering if it’s the control panel that is bad and not the cell.

Every other plate in the cell looks worn. That might explain why switching polarity turns the light off.
Can that happen in a little over two years? My chemistry has been balanced over the time. Never had any problems keeping the water balanced over the two years. Also, why would the plates break down like that with every other plate? TIA

@1poolman1
I have the same jacuzzi jscs-40 salt cell and my service lights keeps coming on. I notice if I press the up and down arrow at the same time and it switches polarity that it the service lights goes away until it switches polarity again and stays on. The cells is clean and only two years old. What can be the cause of this? Is it possible the cell is failing so soon?

Moved from here.
My salt cell was a c-m-p Powerclean (I think was the name) & I found out, after much research/replacements/talking to service, etc..., that the unit required 220 voltage (and the one I previously had was reconfigured to 120 to be compatible with my outlet), but since I didn't know that I was trying to use the incorrect voltage for my unit. I learned you can either reconfigure the unit or the outlet to make them compatible and then it worked like a charm. If that's not it, the usual suspects (per their website) were (1) cell needs cleaning (2) water temp too low & (3) not enough salt. Hope that helps!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My salt cell was a c-m-p Powerclean (I think was the name) & I found out, after much research/replacements/talking to service, etc..., that the unit required 220 voltage (and the one I previously had was reconfigured to 120 to be compatible with my outlet), but since I didn't know that I was trying to use the incorrect voltage for my unit. I learned you can either reconfigure the unit or the outlet to make them compatible and then it worked like a charm. If that's not it, the usual suspects (per their website) were (1) cell needs cleaning (2) water temp too low & (3) not enough salt. Hope that helps!
If you look at the picture I posted above, you’ll notice the plates are wearing unevenly. I never noticed just until someone pointed it out to me on this thread.

This is a pic of my similar cell after 3-years of use. I no longer use this unit. I wonder if the electrodes corroded/broke free. When you have a chance, make sure all electrodes are intact between the plates and the cap.

20210421_095428.jpg

This is a pic of my similar cell after 3-years of use. I no longer use this unit. I wonder if the electrodes corroded/broke free. When you have a chance, make sure all electrodes are intact between the plates and the cap.

View attachment 515204
That’s crazy how some of the plates have splits in them. Is that normally how plates wear down over time? Or is that based on the quality of plates? Im out of town until Friday but I will examine the plates more closely on Saturday. I I doubt my plates have cracks but I will check to see if the electrodes are intact. The picture I posted shows every other plate eroding. I’m researching to see if this is normal or if anyone has experienced that before. Thanks for your input .

That’s crazy how some of the plates have splits in them
The splits are normal...part of the manufacturing process. My plates were showing a bit of wear on the top edges as shown in the pic. I opined that the damage was due to the gas bubble which exposed the top of the plates.

I posted the pic to show the location of the electrode weld/connection points.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.