Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I tired to do this in the search, but can't find anything...
So, I'm about to put some Jack'sMagic Purple in, and I read that Jack'sMagic Purple will increase phosphate over time.
Then, I thought to myself, well, that's ok, I will just use phosphate remover later to reduce the level of phosphate.
The question is, what happens to the metals that Jack's Magic Purple was holding on to?
Does it go back into the pool, or does it get removed with the phosphate remover?
Thank you.

They sequester the metals temporarily - when the sequestrant breaks down over time the staining/issues will return unless you continue to use the product on a regular basis - this can get pricey.
Depending upon the type of metal you are dealing with you can either put it into suspension & permanently remove (filter it out) with polyfill (iron)
Or exchange water to remove it (copper)
What type of issues are u having that prompted the use of sequestrant?

I'm on well water, impurity is pretty bad. I didn't have to use it thanks to the heavy rainfall this summer.
But, as we get into winter, I won't have a choice.
I was just thinking ahead of what I need to do as a preventive measure when I do have to add that water into my pool.
I also have a couple of yellow/orange streaks. I tried the vit c pill from Wal-mart (which makes me wonder if it really vit c), and it didn't do anything.

I've asked Jack's Magic about the phosphate in Purple, they basically said don't worry about it, which I'm not totally sure with that.
Is Magenta better since it's not HEDP? It's really hard to find good information on these.

Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.