Jack's Magic Pink & Jack's Filter Fiber

guytanatz

Jun 17, 2021
CT
I recently did a less than conventional AA treatment and it did improve the stains a bit, but they came back, of course. Attached is a photo of the current stain situation where it is worst, by the steps / returns. I could live with these stains for the rest of the summer and then do a proper AA treatment / drain at the end of the season, but I decided to buy two bottles of Jack's Pink stuff. I called their service line and wanted to get their thoughts on if I needed to do a full AA treatment or if the Pink would improve things by itself, even just a little. Their input obviously was to use Pink with some of the Filter Fiber and wash the cartridges after 48 and 72 hours and that a full AA treatment was not necessary. I am well-versed in the proper AA treatment course (even though I have been marginally successful thrice, rookie mistakes messed up my results) but my question to you all is have you had any success with iron stain removal with only Jack's Pink and then sequester with it? I don't think I could justify a full AA treatment since the stains are not that bad at all.

While I'm at it, I've read that people have had more success with Proteam Metal Magic as an all in one mild stain remover and sequestrant. I bought Jack's Pink because I thought I would in fact do a full AA but decided against it after the product shipped, and Amazon does not accept returns on it.

Attachments

• PXL_20210804_230430960.jpg
    PXL_20210804_230430960.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 25
I have read many, I was hoping to gauge responses to the photo in terms of what you all thought the severity of the stains were. I went ahead and added a bottle of the Pink and it looks much better, only the heavier / scaled stains remain but some have come off with the constant brushing. The pool looks more "blue" now because of the reduced yellowing that was changing the apparent tint. I also have Poly Fil in the skimmer basket.

Thanks for the bump and for checking in!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.