Jacking it up...

Hi All,
I set up an Intex Ultraframe pool late last summer, and stupidly did not provide a stable base for the braces, despite the instructions and everything I read/viewed.

Now I have a pool whose walls are cattywampus. They are not super bad, but I'd like to correct my mistake. Of course, there is water in the pool, and I'd prefer not to drain it.

I've seen Youtube videos of people correcting their pool walls. Most had metal sides, and I did not see any that had U shaped braces (so 2 points of contact between brace and frame rail), such as on our pool.

Any guidance, including directions about where to start (do I start in the center? End?) will be appreciated!

Thanks,
David

Jacking up a pool filled with water is not a TFP recommended procedure. We recommend draining it, taking it down, leveling the footers and rebuilding it.

Hi Allen,
You are right. I did a better search and realize that all of the material I found was about jacking up posts on round pools... and the one person that had tried jacking up the braces on a rectangular pool bent them (they jacked from beneath the brace). I still am entertaining an idea that involves a towing strap, a super heavy pergola that is uphill and a come along -- but as of now, this whole scheme of mine is not looking so good...

I still am entertaining an idea that involves a towing strap, a super heavy pergola that is uphill and a come along -- but as of now, this whole scheme of mine is not looking so good...

What could possibly go wrong????

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.