J375 Jacuzzi Waterfall only a trickle - FIXED (mostly)

WeezersTub

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Hello all,

Just got a used (2015) J375 and everything works except the waterfall is only a trickle of water. Of course I have tried to open and close it with the wheel on top.
I ordered a new waterfall, but I'm thinking it could be a kinked line. I confirmed there are no leaks as I dug out a bunch of nice dry foam with no signs of any issues.

Here are my questions:
Is there an easy way to test if the line is kinked without digging out the foam all the way to the manifold? Also, does anyone know where the manifold that feeds the waterfall is located on this tub?

You may want to purge the plumbing lines and jets with a Bio-Cleaner. Sounds crazy right? We have had many waterfalls and other jets begin to push out lots more water with pressure after a good purge is performed. You could have a considerable build-up in those lines that is preventing the water from getting through the system.
since the tub is older and new to you, it would be to your advantage to perform a good and effective purge.
worth a shot and inexpensive to do.

Hello,

I was able to fix this today. The issue is the on/off "ball valve" that is turned by the wheel was not connected to the wheel anymore (inside the waterfall). The ball valve is connected by a square piece, but it was stripped or too small and no longer being turned by the wheel and was basically stuck in the "off" position.

To fix it, I actually slid a small square Lego over the peg to make it larger. It fit right into the wheel connector. Now the wheel actually turns the valve on and off again. The only problem is it really doesn't shut all the way off (more than a trickle in the off position). So I ended up ordering a new waterfall anyway since I don't want the extra aeration during the filter cycles.

Also, yes I had already done an ahh-some purge which revealed a small amount of greenish foam and I also have brand new filters.
Thanks to this forum, balancing and sanitizing has been a breeze so far. But I'll post if I run into any trouble.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.