May 24, 2010
Southern NJ
I seem to have no power on my easytouch j20 com connectors. I should have 15vdc across the red and black correct? My screenlogic does not power up and I show no voltage on the small board in the back and also on the j20 on the main board. LCD powers on and I can manually control any of the relays. Any ideas?

Did you check the circuit breakers on the right and that you have voltage at the circuit breakers?

With the power off, remove the plug from J20 on the main card..

Then, use a voltmeter and see if you get about 15 volts DC. (Black to Red)...

If you get 15 volts with the plug removed, then that means something is loading down the voltage.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ok I just went out and checked it and I don't know why, but I now have the voltage back.
But my I can communicate with the screenlogic module (hardwired and new) but I cannot get any data from the easytouch. I was told that alot of rs485 chips sometimes blow.

Hardwiring your ScreenLogic is just asking for trouble.. All it takes is a nearby lightning strike and your system will be toast and everything connected to the Protocol adapter.. Ask me how I know that... :(

I should have said to turn off the power to the EasyTouch when you removed or installed J20. Obviously, you have to have power to the EasyTouch when you are testing for the 15 VDC..

Chips can go bad when the RS-485 connectors are removed or installed with power on, or wires are connected or disconnected with power on..

The first step in troubleshooting an RS-485 issue, with an EasyTouch, is to Remove EVERYTHING from J20 except an IntelliFlo pump.. Then fire things up and go look at the pump. It should show "Display Not Active" when in AUTO... This means that the com port is controlling the pump. If your pump does not show "Display not Active", it normally means the RS-485 chip on the main card is bad (95%) or the chips in the pump are bad (5%).

One problem with the RS-485 com port is that any device failure can lock up the entire bus and nothing works..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hardwiring your ScreenLogic is just asking for trouble.. All it takes is a nearby lightning strike and your system will be toast and everything connected to the Protocol adapter.. Ask me how I know that... :(

I should have said to turn off the power to the EasyTouch when you removed or installed J20. Obviously, you have to have power to the EasyTouch when you are testing for the 15 VDC..

Chips can go bad when the RS-485 connectors are removed or installed with power on, or wires are connected or disconnected with power on..

The first step in troubleshooting an RS-485 issue, with an EasyTouch, is to Remove EVERYTHING from J20 except an IntelliFlo pump.. Then fire things up and go look at the pump. It should show "Display Not Active" when in AUTO... This means that the com port is controlling the pump. If your pump does not show "Display not Active", it normally means the RS-485 chip on the main card is bad (95%) or the chips in the pump are bad (5%).

One problem with the RS-485 com port is that any device failure can lock up the entire bus and nothing works..

Thanks,

Jim R.
I do not have an intelliflo pump, I have a whisperflo. Nothing to look at.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support