J&J lights with Pentair EasyTouch just flash and never change colors

delivery

Jul 16, 2021
So Cal
New pool just installed with 4 J&J XG LED 12V lights. Easytouch controller is set to intellibrite for both circuits and can see all the color options. Have two light circuits, pool and spa. No matter what I select for colors or patterns the lights just flash a few times and stay on white. When we first powered everything on it slowly rotated through all of the colors but now its just stuck on white. Same happens for the single light in the hot tub which is on its own 12V transformer when I try and change the spa color.

EasyTouch2 8
Controller Firmware: 2.180
Configurator Version : 5.2 Build 738.0 Rel

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12.9 KB · Views: 4
D,

Show me these set up page...

Special lights.JPG

Lights page.JPG

I don't know anything about JJ lights, but you can't add any light and expect them to work.. Does JJ say they are compatible with the EasyTouch?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you for the images. They function just like Pentair likes with on/off changes the colors and patterns based on how many times they cycle through but they just cycle and stays on white. I click a color lights flash a handful of times and just stays on white.

I know zero about fancy pool lights. But this is exactly what my kids smart bulbs do when they lose communication, either by power outage or unpairing. The flashing is the visible sign that they are trying to find a source to tell them what to do.

If it pairs you are in color town. If not they'll flash and revert to white as many times as they don't find a signal when turned on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sems to be the transformers I'm using which were just regular landscape ones and cannot handle the constant switch cycling on and off to change colors.

Which transformers would you recommend?

You DEFINITELY want to use listed pool-rated transformers, like the Intermatic PX100 or PX300. These are fully isolated-secondary transformers (which the landscape ones probably are too) with extra attention to physical isolation, separate wiring areas, and other safety features (which the landscape ones may not have). You don't want to mess around with the risk that a poorly designed/damaged transformer can accidentally connect 120V line voltage to the pool.

You can add a temporary switch to test whether the lights change colors properly when you manually toggle them at different rates. I suppose it's possible the transformers are adding enough RC delay to mess up what the EasyTouch is trying to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.