I've had it with paying for closing, need a blower...

doncaruana

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 25, 2011
Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I've got an older Ridgid shopvac (WD06250) that I have no idea what the specs on it are. But from reading here, I don't think it would be enough to close my pool. My pump is at water level, about 15-20 feet from the pool, but the cartridge filters are about 10 feet higher and another 15 feet farther. I only have one skimmer and two returns along with a couple of deck jets.

The company I use carts around a big blue. For my setup, would a cyclone still work? And, if so, any recommendation on cheapest place to get one?

I have not heard of the Cyclone not being able to handle any pool setup yet.

Go and get yourself a cyclone. It'll be like you spent for one more closing or opening and then you're paid back with one closing. That's the go to piece of equipment if you plan to do your own closings.

I close my pool with two 5 hp shop vacs. I use the blower side of one to blow out all of my return lines with no issues. I use the second one when I blow out my skimmers just to vacuum the water as the other one is blowing the water out. It simply makes it go faster.

When I setup my equipment pad I made sure to put unions in key places. Then used one half of another union, some spare pipe and a rubber fitting to connect my shop vac hose to the jig. I connect the jig to my return lines blow and cap then move the jig to my suction side and repeat.

For the record I have no main drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.