Edmond, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Signed contracts for a pool build and pool house with two different companies on 9/30. I spend my free time reading on here and watching YouTube videos of pools and pool houses. Pool was dug on 10/2 and rebar complete on 10/7. Waiting on the city to inspect the pool electrical before we can shoot. The pool house is still in review to issue a permit for construction. My questions: am I alone in frustration with the permit / build process? And it’s all going to be worth the headache, right? I think I needed a therapy session but I turned to this group instead. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

I expect it would be much like child birth. It sounds like a great idea beforehand, and there is some fun involved in the initial stages. Then it gets uncomfortable, then excruciating. And then it's over and you have a brand new baby! Pure joy. And then they become teenagers... well, I'll save that part of the analogy for when the time comes... but yes, therapy might be involved. Hang in there.

We're still in the build process too, but I'm sure hoping it will be worth it! Our build went along pretty smoothly until the tile guys. We are still dealing with this and it's so frustrating. I don't think anyone has a perfect pool build. I just had to send a not very nice email to my PB about the tile guys (again) and it's definitely stressful. So, I need the reassurance right now too. :)

I expect it would be much like child birth. It sounds like a great idea beforehand, and there is some fun involved in the initial stages. Then it gets uncomfortable, then excruciating. And then it's over and you have a brand new baby! Pure joy. And then they become teenagers... well, I'll save that part of the analogy for when the time comes... Hang in there.

This is perfect!

Reactions: RU4Cycling2
I am feeling the same! Everything was great until we got to the hardscape crew and travertine (sigh). My project seems to be moving along. This forum has been AMAZING! Best of luck it will be worth it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Signed contracts for a pool build and pool house with two different companies on 9/30. I spend my free time reading on here and watching YouTube videos of pools and pool houses. Pool was dug on 10/2 and rebar complete on 10/7. Waiting on the city to inspect the pool electrical before we can shoot. The pool house is still in review to issue a permit for construction. My questions: am I alone in frustration with the permit / build process? And it’s all going to be worth the headache, right? I think I needed a therapy session but I turned to this group instead. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!
YES.😁

I’m right there with you. I need to make a build thread but between work (remotely at home), family, being a teacher (online school for a 5th and 1st grader) and a pool GC (I have to stay on top of my PB and the subs) who has the time.
I wish I found this site earlier before I signed a contract. I probably would have selected my 2nd choice PB but couldn’t agree on price (15% more).

I too am at the tile stage after many delays, but this is the finished product you will see everyday.

Yah with your timelines so far you are doing awesome. Stick with it, it is definitely worth it! I think my kids during our almost 7 month saga never thought it would get done....watching them jump in the first time made it all worth it. Stick around keep throwing up pictures and questions...its fun for us to watch your build as well!

You're just fine it does seem like a lot but it will be great.
We waited 9 months but waiting till September was worth it. The bad was we only got use it a few times with family and friends. But we got to finish all the other things around it. Next year it's Chill, Grill and Swim. :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.