It’s not algae so is it my filter?

Sjde

Apr 29, 2016
Denver CO
Pool Size
So I thought I might've had mustard algae since I will vacuum and not use the spa & the next morning there’ll be more stuff that I had to vacuum . But I don’t think it is algae because I felt it this time when I came to my vacation rental and it’s gritty like sand or dirt .
Maybe my filter is not working correctly? We have three that we rotate out but it has been three years . Do they have a lifespan of only one year?

Can you clarify what type of filter(s) you have (i.e. cartridge I suspect)? Also, your profile indicates CO, but is the vacation spot of this spa somewhere else? Last, when was the last time this spa was emptied to have the water changed and/or an Ahh-Some treatment performed?

I have had filters do similar and I pressure wash them and get a lot more junk out..I bought a small blue PW that isn't super strong that has an adjustable tip so I can fan it way out..If it's a single filter ( I have 4 ) maybe just buy a replacement and see. If it doesn't fix it you have a spare.

It's odd that the debris you are feeling is gritty unless there's something in the local area that would blow in the water. Even then , the filter "should" catch it unless the filter is overwhelmed. I wouldn't say a filter has only a 1-year service life. My pool cartridge filter is going on 3. Have you ever done an Ahh-Some treatment though? Also, how do you test the water? Maybe you would like to post a full set of water results when you get a chance so we can rule-out anything odd.

It's odd that the debris you are feeling is gritty unless there's something in the local area that would blow in the water. Even then , the filter "should" catch it unless the filter is overwhelmed. I wouldn't say a filter has only a 1-year service life. My pool cartridge filter is going on 3. Have you ever done an Ahh-Some treatment though? Also, how do you test the water? Maybe you would like to post a full set of water results when you get a chance so we can rule-out anything odd.

I tried Aahsome once 2 yrs ago and got nothing out but I have another product I plan to
Use in 2 weeks.

I use the Poolmaster drop kit and the TF -100. Nothing odd on the readings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.