Bronze Supporter
May 22, 2022
DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Pool temp 92. Water sprinkling from fountain at bottom of stream: 91. It's powered from hose bib on pump.

I guess I need to see my fountain GPM to see how long that takes to lower my 30k gallons a single degree. ;)

But really.. I'll probably only run this at night/morning when the temperature difference is bigger. Was a cheap experiment either way. Thanks TFP.
16878185701597979181859435197901.jpg

In the sump pump section of our local big box home store (Menards in this case) I purchased an 1 1/2 male thread sump pump adapter that has a garden hose adapter on the other end. That screws right into the pool return threads.

I then attached a garden hose Y with two shut off valves to that, with a hose going to my DIY solar heater and the other returning to the pool. With the two shut off valves, I can adjust how much water goes through the heater system.

I had the heater disconnected, but I'm currently considering hooking it back up with the pump clock flipped 12 hours, so it runs at night and cools the water! Maybe I'll hook up a regular lawn sprinkler to the outlet of the heater for even more cooling. Last night the water was 89 degrees and I'm sure it's warmer today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.