Itchy/dry skin after swimming in pool. Anything help?Hey

JimMarshall

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2017
Oil City PA
Hey guys, I truly have been having a trouble free pool. Water is gorgeous and the last 4 days or so I've been able to accurately predict FC demand. Here's a picture. I can see wrinkles on my toes in 4 feet of water.

IMG_7838.jpg

My only problem/ complaint is dry skin- especially on my feet. I have a type of eczema on my feet that gives me dry/ peeling skin on my feet already, the pool seems to antagonize it a bit.

Is is this just something that comes with the territory or can an adjustment be made to chemistry to help this?

Can you post a full suite of test results? Especially pH -- that is the one that normally effects skins and eyes!

Take care

It is the pH. Keep it between 7.2 and 7.8

You really should test daily the FC if you are manually dosing bleach. Unless you really know your pool chlorine use.

Take care.

Agree that pH is the first culprit, 7.6 to 7.8 is better. Also, I find that lowering TA feels a bit better, 70-80 is better. 1500 or so ppm of salt will also make the water feel better.

It is the pH. Keep it between 7.2 and 7.8

You really should test daily the FC if you are manually dosing bleach. Unless you really know your pool chlorine use.

Take care.

I've been testing FC on a daily basis, but that is the only test I have been doing daily. My PH was 7.5/7.6 area on Wednesday. I just think that with 3 days of kids and adults aerating combined with aeration from running the hose to top off my water level drove it up substantially.

Agree that pH is the first culprit, 7.6 to 7.8 is better. Also, I find that lowering TA feels a bit better, 70-80 is better. 1500 or so ppm of salt will also make the water feel better.

My fill water is very high TA. I've been working on lowering it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.