Issues with iAqualink

mattafact

Dec 2, 2022
Charleston, SC
Hello everyone!

I have the iAqualink app that controls the equipment and features of my pool. I recently started having an issue with it. I have the filter pump set on a schedule, which seems to be working because the pump is coming on, but it's not showing that on the app's main screen. The filter pump toggle switch is to the left (grey). I also noticed my SWG wasn't coming on with the pump unless I toggle the Filter pump to the right (green).
IMG_F9FBA97573F1-1.jpg
Weird, right? It gets weirder. I also can't turn off my chiller in the app. I tap on the "ON" button, and nothing happens. When functioning normally, it should switch to "OFF" after being tapped.
Screen Shot 2023-09-18 at 9.22.25 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-09-18 at 9.22.32 AM.png
I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, hoping that may resolve the issue, but it did not.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_F9FBA97573F1-1.jpeg
    IMG_F9FBA97573F1-1.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 4
Show us your Schedule screen like this...

Jandy_Aqualink_Schedule.png

You have the pump on a schedule and not the "Filter Pump". "Filter Pump" is a special keyword that both runs the pump and turns on the filter pump relay powering on your SWG.

Schedule "Filter Pump" for 8AM to 8PM and your app will show it running and your SWG will work.

Last edited:
You have the pump on a schedule and not the "Filter Pump". "Filter Pump" is a special keyword that both runs the pump and turns on the filter pump relay powering on your SWG.

Schedule "Filter Pump" for 8AM to 8PM and your app will show it running and your SWG will work.
Me again :). So, Part 2 was my inability to turn off the chiller. Now instead of the chiller it's showing the "Heat Pump" is on, and I cannot turn it off. I'm sure this is likely due to what I have the temps set to. I've played around with it trying different temperature settings, but I haven't figured it out. Again...thank you for your help here!
IMG_9367E85FB231-1.jpeg IMG_57A8FE0C8352-1.jpeg

Me again :). So, Part 2 was my inability to turn off the chiller. Now instead of the chiller it's showing the "Heat Pump" is on, and I cannot turn it off. I'm sure this is likely due to what I have the temps set to. I've played around with it trying different temperature settings, but I haven't figured it out. Again...thank you for your help here!
View attachment 531065 View attachment 531066
What temperature is your pool?

What is the HP/Chiller actually doing?

What mode HP/Chiller do you have?

How is the HP/Chiller connected to the Aqualink?

Let's call the state of your HP as "idle". It is not heating or cooling and is effectively OFF although it is on standby and available if needed.

Your Aqualink temperature setting tell the Aqualink to run the HP to heat the water if it is less than 60 and run the chiller if it is greater then 95. At 79 it is neither and the HP is not running and is effectively OFF.

To turn the HP ON for it to run you adjust the temperature settings.

I was asking what Jandy model number your HP is to verify how it operates.

And how it operates may depend on how it is connected to your Aqualink panel.

img_9367e85fb231-1-jpeg.531065

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.