Issues with Hayward Blue Essence

If the SWG is powered with the high speed, you can change it to be powered with the low speed instead.

That will allow you to run low speed most of the time.

You really should not need high speed.

If the SWG is powered with the high speed, you can change it to be powered with the low speed instead.

That will allow you to run low speed most of the time.

You really should not need high speed.
I wouldn't be able to run it on low speed most of the time as there is not enough suction for the pool vacuum. On low speed the pool vacuum hardly moves.

If you can interlock Aux 4 to the pump high and low speeds, then that would be safest.

If it won't interlock, just set the timers to be the same as the pump high and the pump low.

Since there is only one clock, you don't have to worry about losing coordination between times.

Make sure that you get the wiring right as incorrect wiring can cause damage.

If you manually shut off the pump, you also have to manually shut off the SWG if there is no interlock.

Interlock means that you are telling the timer that Aux 4 should only run if pump high or pump low speed is on.

If you can interlock Aux 4 to the pump high and low speeds, then that would be safest.

If it won't interlock, just set the timers to be the same as the pump high and the pump low.

Since there is only one clock, you don't have to worry about losing coordination between times.

Make sure that you get the wiring right as incorrect wiring can cause damage.

If you manually shut off the pump, you also have to manually shut off the SWG if there is no interlock.

Interlock means that you are telling the timer that Aux 4 should only run if pump high or pump low speed is on.
Are you watching my computer screen? LOL. I was just finding the timer manual online to see how AUX works. I have the intermatic p1403me. Will see if interlock is available on this timer.

Reactions: JamesW
Are you watching my computer screen? LOL. I was just finding the timer manual online to see how AUX works. I have the intermatic p1403me. Will see if interlock is available on this timer.
Here is what I’m finding:
1. New gauge installed. Low pressure is about 4psi
2. I moved the SWG from NO-3 to Aux NO-4 and left COM 4 empty. I used a cable jumper from AC(terminal 1) to Aux NO4.

I turned on pump in low and aux on. SWG would turn on but once I switched to high SWG would turn off. I opened the SWG and it is set with the jumpers for 240. Original wiring when it works in high only is as follows:
1. Three cables come from SWG into timer.
2. One Black to com 1 and another black to NO 3.
From the pump I have three cables:
1. Black goes to Com 2
2. Blue goes to Com 1
3. Red goes to Com 3.
So question is, how should the wiring from SWG be to work on both low and high? Any ideas or should I start a new thread?

I just tested the following:
1. Placed the black cable from SWG that was going into COM 1 over AC terminal
2. I moved second cable from SWG that was on No-3 over to Aux com 4.
3. I placed a jumper from Ac Terminal 2 over to Aux No-4. This allowed for SWG to work in low and high. The only thing I didn’t like is that when SWG turned on it sound like a hard start noise. I decided to move all cables back how they were. Not sure if that’s a normal noise but it did work in both speed.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.