Issues with above ground 30ft by 48 to 52 inches

Jun 11, 2017
Mississippi
We have had a lot of rain over the past few weeks. My pool is a green color and it looks dirty. I have put at least 25 pounds of chlorine in my pool still registers no chlorine.I have put in at least $150 for the chemicals and my pool still looks terrible. Please help me get my pool back in working order. I would appreciate this so much.I am changing my filter and cleaning it 3 to 4 times a day. Please help

I'm not much of a help here. But the greener the pool is the more clorine it takes to kill the green and get the clorine high enough to prevent it from coming back. If you are testing your own sample maybe take a set to the local pool store and see if they get the same reading? What kind of filter do u have? If it has those little paper filter things. My guess is its the filter setup not really strong enough to move that much water.

We have had a lot of rain over the past few weeks. My pool is a green color and it looks dirty. I have put at least 25 pounds of chlorine in my pool still registers no chlorine.I have put in at least $150 for the chemicals and my pool still looks terrible. Please help me get my pool back in working order. I would appreciate this so much.I am changing my filter and cleaning it 3 to 4 times a day. Please help

Welcome to TFP :)

We certainly can help you get your pool sparkly but you have to want to do a little bit of learning. We reccomend testing and balencing your water and not blindly putting what the pool store wanted to sell you this week. Here are some links you can read. The first is on comparing test kit values. Once you order a good test kit read the others while you wait for it to arrive and post questions as you have them :)

Pool School - Test Kits Compared
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

I'm not much of a help here. But the greener the pool is the more clorine it takes to kill the green and get the clorine high enough to prevent it from coming back. If you are testing your own sample maybe take a set to the local pool store and see if they get the same reading? What kind of filter do u have? If it has those little paper filter things. My guess is its the filter setup not really strong enough to move that much water.

Please do not take a sample to the pool store. They tend to get it more wrong than right and can cause a lot of problems with adding this, then adding that.

What you need to do is take complete control of your pool. The only real way you can is getting your own test kit. Let me know if you are interested and I can share a link to them.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.