Issues controlling (scheduling) Hayward HP21404T with OmniLogic?

PoolBrews

Oct 16, 2019
The Villages, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I'm trying to figure out how to best to control the Hayward HP21404T heat pump using the OmniLogic. I have the latest firmware, and all components were just recently installed. One item I have confirmed with Hayward - the ability to set a schedule for the heater in the OmniLogic is irrelevant. Although you can set a schedule, it does not control turning the heater on or off.

I have verified that the heater is configured properly. I am able to turn the heater on and off from the OmniLogic, and can set the temp.

Ideally, I would like to schedule my entire system to run from 8am to 5pm... or run 24x7 at low speed, only bumping up pump speed for heating purposes. Here are the issues I see:
  1. If I set the minimum pump speed for the heater in the OmniLogic, then whenever the temp drops below the preset, it will crank up the pump and kick on the heater.
  2. If I set Heater Extend on, then the pump will run at the min heat speed past any time set in the schedule for the pump.
  3. If I wanted to run my pump 24x7 at low, I don't see a way of restricting the pump to only run from say 8am - 12pm.
Am I missing something here?

I think you understand your system correctly. If you have OmniLogic set to maintain a temperature it will run the pump and heater as needed to do it.

Can you set a schedule to lower the temperature set point at 5pm and raise it at 8am?

Thanks for that idea! I'm fairly certain that will work.

Coming from an IT background, I find it hard to understand why things like schedules don't work like... well, a schedule :)

If I schedule to run a heater from 8 - 12 at 88, it should turn off at 12. I was trying to find out if I was doing something wrong, have something set up wrong... or if this was just a case of poor programming.

I'm trying to figure out how to best to control the Hayward HP21404T heat pump using the OmniLogic. I have the latest firmware, and all components were just recently installed. One item I have confirmed with Hayward - the ability to set a schedule for the heater in the OmniLogic is irrelevant. Although you can set a schedule, it does not control turning the heater on or off.

I have verified that the heater is configured properly. I am able to turn the heater on and off from the OmniLogic, and can set the temp.

Ideally, I would like to schedule my entire system to run from 8am to 5pm... or run 24x7 at low speed, only bumping up pump speed for heating purposes. Here are the issues I see:
  1. If I set the minimum pump speed for the heater in the OmniLogic, then whenever the temp drops below the preset, it will crank up the pump and kick on the heater.
  2. If I set Heater Extend on, then the pump will run at the min heat speed past any time set in the schedule for the pump.
  3. If I wanted to run my pump 24x7 at low, I don't see a way of restricting the pump to only run from say 8am - 12pm.
Am I missing something here?
Sir how did you connect the Hayward HP21404T heat pump using the OmniLogic? from which terminals on omnilogic board and heat pump controller?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.