Is this worth fixing before they move forward?

Beechwoodpool

Apr 24, 2020
Georgia
So my entry into the pool are oversized steps that you can sit on. I had said the top two at 24” and the last step 18”. What they built was 24”, 24”, and 11”. The 11” feels awkward and stubby. I’m also concerned how the tile band will look on it. The pool builder says steps in the water are different because of buoyancy and this will be fine. I’m worried to have them rebuild because I’m afraid it won’t be as strong as what’s there if they patch it, but I’m afraid it’s going to drive me crazy if it feels awkward. Thoughts?
1593951547681.jpeg

The step is not structural and can be built out with some concrete.

I don’t think anyone will notice the shorter first step. But if it fits in your pool design and bothers you then have the builder add 12 inches to it.

Reactions: Beechwoodpool
I agree get it how you want it but I dont think you will notice that step much when its under water. It functional to get out of the pool and you arent sitting on that one but its your pool you paid money for so do what you want.

I agree get it how you want it but I dont think you will notice that step much when its under water. It functional to get out of the pool and you arent sitting on that one but its your pool you paid money for so do what you want.
It’s more if you are using the steps going in - it’s so short it feels awkward, but I could see how once water is in that changes. But I used another pool this weekend and the steps were all 14” which seemed much better.

Have them extend the step 7-12" - get what you asked for. Have them drill into the step and bottom and epoxy rebar in there so that the addition is stable. Of course, once it's covered by plaster, you won't know the difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.