Scottsdale, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Frustration was setting in after skimming the surface of my relatively new pool only to see very fine particles still floating. I realized these particles were escaping my relatively expensive pool skimmer net because of their tiny size.

So, I wanted to share a product purchase that brought satisfaction back to my face after spending 5-10 minutes skimming. I purchased the ProTuff ultra fine mesh pool skimmer net from Amazon.

I'm not affiliated with ProTuff by any means, but this thing is amazing! The ultimate reason for my decision is their no-questions-asked LIFETIME guarantee. Things like to rot here in AZ. No doubt between the chlorine, sun, abuse and age, most pool owners go through a few skimmers through the years. The initial price is something to consider for your budget, but this will pay for itself in replacements. I purchased the 18" model and the net is huge. Due to its fine mesh makeup, I noticed it doesn't glide as quickly or easily through the water, but that's expected.

It has a ton of 5 star ratings for the quality of the product, but also for ProTuff's customer service.

Attachments

• 22C34D3A-DC3F-418D-8DD2-C83B7CE9DCE9.jpeg
    22C34D3A-DC3F-418D-8DD2-C83B7CE9DCE9.jpeg
    528.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 4F9E845A-E77C-49FC-8D76-C3941628F28D.jpeg
    4F9E845A-E77C-49FC-8D76-C3941628F28D.jpeg
    581.4 KB · Views: 34
Thanks for posting the review.

Many members have said the same thing about the ProTuff ultra fine mesh pool skimmer net...

This is a net that I can definitely use! Thanks for the info! I have also encountered scenarios where skimming with my expensive net would not remove the finest of surface debris. This is absolutely a must for owners who maintain their own pools. The warranty is also pretty cool.

Thanks for the link. I think, in general, I am fine with my leaf rake without an ultra fine mesh net. However, the link you provided also shows a flat skimmer that I think I would like. The leaf rake needs to get stuff on the bottom of the pool and I do like that it moves pretty freely under water. But, I have noticed the small particles floating on the surface that my leaf rake does not get. Since I have and use both the leaf rake and a flat skimmer, I’ll replace my flat skimmer with the fine mesh version. I didn’t know they existed. Thanks!

I have the same one and think it’s great. I also have their regular one which is ok for leaves/large debris, but this silt one is great for both so I use it most of the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.