Is this spillover design prohibiting anything?

PearlJamFan

May 11, 2021
Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I know it's way too late to fix, but curious if this angle design is normal for my spa spillover or if it will it affect anything. My son bright it to my attention that it doesn't look right and should be angled the opposite way. That got me thinking, is it? Is it just cosmetic, will or affect comfort or usage?

IMG_20220810_002627.jpg

I think you may find any debris on the surface of the spa getting stuck on the ledge instead of washing over into the pool unless you have a very high water flow.

Will you have automation?

How will your spa spillover be setup to run?

@AQUA~HOLICS thoughts?

The cut back towards the spa is exactly how I advise customers to have spillways constructed.
Two reasons, first when the spillway is not flowing water the tile on the spillway is under water and not going to dry with calcium every day.
Secound, water going over the spillway will build up more pressure to spill farther from the spa wall.

Attachments

• 2583BEB6-ED56-4FD5-9569-B4A4C86653EC.jpg
    2583BEB6-ED56-4FD5-9569-B4A4C86653EC.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 41
63EEEFBC-2C8F-44AC-9740-E3A83BC0FB33.jpeg
Mine is example like that and has a nice laminar flow into the pool with the water sticking to the tile all the way down. It's beautiful!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.