Is this mustard algae?

shadylady23

Jul 18, 2007
Southwest NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I couldn’t find pictures of the difference. I’m just curious if the maple syrup filter I put on is working wonders, or the fact I bumped my FC up to 20 made the difference in my pool clearing so quickly. I was battling for over a week, and I did both at the same time. So I’m trying to figure out which it is.

- - - Updated - - -

As of this morning, I can see the bottom pattern on the liner more towards the middle. Yesterday evening I could see the pattern towards the edges.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and my CYA is about 30

Attachments

• 41EC2876-8BFD-4B00-837C-BF257CF5F6A1.jpg
    41EC2876-8BFD-4B00-837C-BF257CF5F6A1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 90
Oh okay! Iron is likely!! I forgot last year when we first filled the pool, every time I added chlorine it turned more brown! We recently added more water due to opening, so I’m sure that’s it! Last year I added metal out, and it dropped it to the bottom. Is that something that TFP doesn’t recommend adding?

Pollen can look like that too. A WHAT kind of filter???

LOL. I ordered one of those Duda bags but shipping said it was going to take a week, and we had one of these maple syrup filter bags here from when we were boiling, so I figured what the heck and we threw it on there! Our pool cleared good in about 24 hours. And if we didn’t have iron, probably would have been way faster. So I’m definately going to do this again next year. I don’t know much about the filter as far as specs, As I bought it at Bascoms Maple supply store in town here. I could find out though if you wanted to try it. I think I paid 18 dollars for the filter this winter.

This seems to be the one I bought. (On sale now)... It doesn’t say any specs for microns or whatnot, but it’s made for maple syrup. But seems good for this I’d say!

Attachments

• 0EAE820F-659E-4799-97BA-0201584F1511.jpg
    0EAE820F-659E-4799-97BA-0201584F1511.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 73
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.