Is this mustard algae?

May 25, 2017
New Iberia
Is this mustard algae? I vacuum it to waiste and it clouds my pool up when I touch it and it takes about a week to settle to the bottom. In the meantime Im stuck with a cloudy pool. Constant vicious cycle....

See attached

Attachments

• 20180411_140212.jpg
    20180411_140212.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 20180411_140345.jpg
    20180411_140345.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 20180411_140254.jpg
    20180411_140254.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 92
It looks a lot like pollen...I've not had nearly that much as you, but I know it's pollen since
my test results are good and my water is crystal clear.

Is it on the side walls too? hard to tell from the photo.
If it is, it could be mustard. I dealt with it once in a previous pool and
it was yellow, not green.

Do you have a proper test kit? (K2006C or TF100)
Can you post some test results?

You should prepare for a SLAM if you want it cleared up any time soon.

Both pollen and algae will stress your sanitation program, and eventually foul your pool. For both problems the answer is free chlorine, FC. How much you need depends on the contaminant and your current stabilizer level. You must be able to measure several components of your water chemistry in order to properly manage your pool system. Start here for some good information.....TFPC for Beginners

The conclusion sums up the situation we all face with managing a pool or spa.....

Conclusion

The leading cause of pool problems is simply ignoring the pool. Your pool is like a pet: it requires constant attention. The number two cause of problems is adding chemicals you didn't need and don't want. Not only do these extra chemicals tend to cost a lot but they can also cause problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.