I've had water quality problems for a long time. Now the water is clear, but that orange stuff keeps appearing on the walls of the spa just above the waterline. I wiped it off 4 days ago and it's already back. The water looks and smells ok.
Various background information:
- I use AquaFinesse to maintain the water
- The spa cover is waterlogged, has some orange "skid marks" at one place (as opposed to growth-looking like the picture). The cover smells and looks ok otherwise.
- Used to have foaming problems for 1 year (seems to be ok now, still a small amount of foam appears after the jets have been on, always around a particular area)
- Used "JetClean" a few months ago and also last December
- Haven't shocked the water in a long time
- There is a ventilated "crawl space" under our house where you can find rocks and other objects with similar looking orange blobs on them. The colour is exactly the same, the composition/form looks different though. This makes me suspect the stuff in our spa is some local mold.
I've been planning to shock it with Ultrashock and wipe all the surface areas including the underbelly of the cover. Also thought about JetClean, but it's so hard to get rid of the residual foam after using it that I don't know if it's worth it. And also, been wondering if it's worth getting a new spa cover (in case the mold grows from there). They just cost a lot (700€ where I live) and there's no guarantees it will help anything.
Any advice would be much appreciated.