Is this even possible?????

forAK

May 27, 2014
Peters Creek Alaska
Cloudy...greyish cloudy. Tested with the K-2006 last night at about 7pm. Water temp was 69 degrees.
FC = 7.5
PH = 7.0
TA = 100
CH = 160
CYA = 0 ????????:confused:

Is this even possible? Can this make my water cloudy? I could see the black dot fairly well. It didn't disappear at all. Should I SLAM this thing to clear up the water? I have been using Zappit 73 granules for the chlorine and do have to admit that this was the first time I have even tested for CYA. Only did it cause I couldn't figure out why the water was cloudy when all the other numbers seem to be in range.

Suggestions?

Sure it is possible if you have never added stabilizer or any chlorine with stabilizer in it (trichlor and dichlor). But that is not what turned your water cloudy.
You are using cal-hypo which is adding calcium to the water and in fact could be one possible cause of the cloudy water.

the stabilizer protects the FC from the sun, so with none in the pool, likely your FC drops to 0 everyday which allows algae to start growing. Your current FC level is very harsh with no CYA in the water.

I would add about 30ppm of stabilizer and then SLAM the pool with liquid chlorine.

Please add your pool details to your signature and as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.