Is this algae?

Nanifen

Jun 10, 2020
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hi. I’m a new pool owner, since June, I vacuumed the pool yesterday and it looked great. Today I see this round edges and in seams. When I touch it with my foot, it seems to disappear which is what made me suspect algae. I now believe I’ve had this for awhile as I seem to have to vacuum my pool a lot as it’s dirty. I blamed dirt as it’s been windy. My chemistry has been good. Just needing chlorine now and then. It’s always clear and blue. If it’s algae, how do I get rid of it?

Attachments

• D611F5B5-8B8A-4078-8C37-338F4C62CE63.jpeg
    D611F5B5-8B8A-4078-8C37-338F4C62CE63.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 30
  • F9FC5CCA-9665-4520-BEDA-CD533EEFB5C7.jpeg
    F9FC5CCA-9665-4520-BEDA-CD533EEFB5C7.jpeg
    439 KB · Views: 30
Test Strips simply do not provide the accuracy and consistency you need. Because of this we do not make chemical recommendations based on them.

Yes. Or live with algae like most pool owners that use the pool store for chemistry advice.

Maintain FC levels. It is hard to say how much to add because we have no idea what levels you have for CYA. If you want to assume the levels you show are correct, you are welcome to. Follow the FC/CYA Levels

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So for now, as I ordered a kit and it won’t be here for 2-3 weeks, when I look at the chart and my numbers show that my FC should be 6-8 and my CYA is 50 and my FC is 4 right now. Therefore SLAM is 20. Does the 20 refer to the number I would put in the Pool math app as my desired level? Which gives me 205 ounces of Chlorine to add. Is that right?

You can just select the SLAM slide button and it will adjust the FC level based on your CYA.

The SLAM will not be successful unless you can test FC and add liquid chlorine several times per day. Also do not run the FC over SLAM level for very long or you can damage the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.