Is this algae

dorgan

Apr 13, 2017
Rockledge, FL
Pool definitely needs to be vacuumed but is the green looking stuff algae?

I will be ordering the TF100 today in order to check levels better but current my OTO test says FC is about 5-6 ph is 6.8(low) and if I had to guess based on instant conditioner and spa/pool shock granular I added before moving over to TFP method CYA is probably around 30.

25.jpg

26.jpg

Ok so my testkit and should be here soon. Can I start the slam process without the testkit? I can test for FC and like I said I believe my CYA is at about 30. I am going on a business trip to Paris next weekend and would like to have been able to slam the pool for a week before I go

Ok got my test kit CYA was definitely higher than I thought, so I guess didn't start the SLAM process on Friday like it thought. Ok so here is my levels.

FC 12.5
CC 1
CYA 60
PH 6.8
TA 600 (Maybe higher???)
Temp 76

So I got up to 60 drops while doing the TA test and the water was pink after about maybe 15 drops but I figured it was supposed to turn red so kept going, but when I got to 60 drops I just gave up, should I have just kept going? Pool has been cloudy for days. I have been running the pump since Friday non stop, except when I rinsed the filter.

So also finally got around to adjusting some sprinkler heads and realized that the sprinklers have been spraying into the pool (well water) so now they have been adjusted.

Is there anything extra I need to do to the water now that I have made this discovery?

Your TA is 150 if that’s where the sample turned pink. Double check your pH, it shouldn’t be low with a 150 TA.

If the well water has iron, you can add sequestrant after the SLAM, but most of the iron will have dropped out as a stain due to the SLAM.

Once pH is good begin full SLAM.

Ok so PH and TA are much better today. But now because of current levels I am not sure that this is actually algae...

1a37bc9ced2548ed498cd7525ba9bae1.png

See the yellow tinted bubbles floating on top of the water. This is the stuff I am brushing off the bottom of the pool. Would my FC have dropped overnight if it was algae, and shouldn't my CC be higher than 1?

Is this algae? - YouTube

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.