Is this algae or pollen?

Hard to even see what you are talking about! Is it white stuff that is floating? I’d call that pollen.

Likely pollen. If you splash it with water and it comes off or rubs off easily then it is pollen. That will happen when the water is still. Get someone to splash around in it!

Algae will mostly grow below the water line on the plaster. Although I have seen spots on the tile grout in shaded corners. It will not grow in a nice even line like that.

Feels like wet dust, comes right off with a scrub or water movement. The amount of this stuff coming out of the robot is insane, I will post a picture soon as I pull out robot.
thanks a bunch!

This is the time of year in the Northern latitudes when lots of stuff drops into the pool from surrounding threes. Cleaning the skimmers is the major pool chore.

Algae, if not green is dead and could be whitish. Floating on the surface could be either dead algae or other type of debris. Pollen is yellow. If you use skimmer socks, the pollen will be caught in the sock (This is what I use). Also, pollen has a tendency to sit on the water line and pool wall surface (again yellow fine as it is pollen). When I manually vacuum, the amount of pollen caught that is sitting on the floor is very heavy, so my guess is you have pollen and not dead algae.

Even if you water is clear, algae can exist. Brushing walls as routine maintenance is important. How are you testing your water? Please add your signature as this helps other members with your pool information.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.