Is there any insulating blanket for pool?

gx22

Jan 21, 2014
CA
I have a solar cover. I want to reduce heat loss at night. Is there any product like a floating water-proof blanket to put on top of the water to reduce heat loss at night? It can also be solid foam boards. I can put them on in the evening and remove them in the morning. Has anyone tried anything like that?

There are some gym flooring mat products that can give some insulation. Vinyl wraped, folding 4'x8'x2" mat. $114 each, $3.56/sq ft. No R rating since it is not intended for insulation.

https://www.rubberflooringinc.com/gym-mat/eco-folding-mats.html?i=25214
6075-1.jpg

Points to think about:
Someone needs to remove it in the morning for the pool to take the sun and put it back in the evening everyday.
How effective is the 2 inch foam insulation?
How durable? This is designed to take abuses. Not sure how well it would hold up for pool water.
It is quite expensive. 300 Sq ft can cost $1068. But if may worth it if it can save on heating cost.
This can be a nighttime pool cover. It floats better than solar cover in case someone falls in.
Cut to size can be tricky since outside is wrapped in vinyl.

Yes, there are covers made that are called thermal blankets. They are a thick 5/8 inch foam, no other blanket stops heat loss like them. They are 6-8X more expensive than a regular solar cover. Nite they do not allow any of the suns rays to enter the pool. They offer no heating benefits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.