Is there a pool pole out there that doesnt suck?

Jun 6, 2010
Garland, TX
I once had a connection to get commercial grade pool equipment but sadly I have lost that connection. I have an old pool pole that has an internal cam which works every time seemingly forever to lock the two sections. I have an in ground play pool and the pole has served me well for 5 years. Where can I find a high quality pole? All the poles Ive found are really cheesy and way too light, just garbage.
Where can I find a commercial quality two piece cam lock pool pole that doesnt suck?!

I have a SkimLite 5000 series pole. Works great. Expensive to order online due to shipping costs so best to buy locally if you can find them.

If you want a pole that’s “heavy”-duty you can go with a fiberglass pole BUT you can’t leave them out in the sun all the time or else the fiberglass resin will breakdown and you’ll get fiberglass splinters in your hand when you use it.

I have a nice Pentair telepole and a crummy $15 pole-one for brush, one for net, to save the hassle of swapping. I was able to use the Pentair replacement cam on the crummy $15 pole and I can’t tell the difference.

Kevin,

I have never had a problem with any of the poles themselves.. It has always been the locking mechanism.. The main reason I like the Pentair one is the internal cam locking device..

Thanks for the idea..

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yup, I did too. I was looking at the SkimLite line, but as Matt had mentioned, shipping is expensive.
So it’s on you @PoolGate this thing better be good! :p

One thing since it is black it tends to get hot in the sun. A quick submersion in the pool cools it right down though. I got it $10 cheaper than Amazon currently has it listed for. Not sure why the price increase.

Well, it just came in. Nice weight to it, locking mechanism seems sturdy, ( I haven’t pole vaulted over my pool with it yet...yet ) finish on it is quality, and it’s got plenty of extension to it. So if it holds up well, and the finish doesn’t come off in my hands, then we have a winner. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.