Is there a particular order to use TF-100?

janji

Apr 9, 2019
Richmond Hill, ON
I took over a house with a pool last summer, still half way learning about taking care of one. I decided to buy the TF-100 kit this year, and I'm opening my pool next week, assuming the water wont be pretty since it has been warm.
Which test should I do first? Is there a specific order I should test and treat the water, especially at the very beginning of the season? Once the water turn to normal, I should remember better how to maintain it daily by adding bleach and muriatic acid when needed...
Thanks a lot.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!

Does not really matter. I usually follow the instructions that came with it.

Do pH first and then I do my chlorine tests as they are the most likely to change after taking the sample. But really that takes at least an hour I would think to impact the results.

Post all the results before you start adding chemicals so we can check for abnormalities.

Welcome to TFP!

Congratulations on obtaining a quality test kit. There is a lot of great information on this site for you to use to help you maintain your pool. When you need answers to something that might not be clear ask question(s). You’ll receive help right away.

Im like blizzle, I start at the top of the testing instructions and just go down the list.

If adjustment need to be made, I would suggest the following order.

FCs adn CCs. Assuming the CC is good, add chlorine. I always do this first.
Then the next 3 are CH, TA and CYA, it doesnt matter the order to adjust them because none of the 3 will have any effect on the others.
The adjust pH last because it can be affected by adding other stuff.

Always wait 20 to 30 minutes between additions of chemicals, then retest for whatever you added to make sure you got to your target level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.