Is there a difference in brands when it comes to Liquid Chlorine or Stabilizer?

crwilliams

Jun 4, 2019
Tennessee, USA
Are they all about the same? I know with Liquid Chlorine, the strength maybe different, but for the most part it's all the same right? What about Stabilizer? I see brands like Pool Life, Clorox, Walmart brand, random pool store brands... Does it really matter???

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
Nope.

But check the ingredients carefully. Some bleaches add scents and anti-splash thickeners and fabric protectors. You don't want any of that. And you could find some off-brand of CYA that has fillers or clarifiers or some other snake oil. You want 99 or 100% active ingredient.

• Love
Reactions: crwilliams

crwilliams

Jun 4, 2019
Tennessee, USA
Nope.

But check the ingredients carefully. Some bleaches add scents and anti-splash thickeners and fabric protectors. You don't want any of that. And you could find some off-brand of CYA that has fillers or clarifiers or some other snake oil. You want 99 or 100% active ingredient.
Awesome! Yeah - on the Liquid Chlorine, I've just been getting this Walmart brand of bleach. As for CYA - I've just been mixing brands. Didn't figure it would make much of a difference, but I'll keep an eye for the 99/100%.