Is the valve sizing wrong?

I purchased this pool with the house and I'm now working through getting it up to snuff. My pool person feels that the 36 DE filter is too small because it keeps clogging and we have to constantly backwash, and now clean again 30 days later. Something isn't right.

The pictures show the plumbing and this sits about 20" above the water level.

There are two inlets at 1.5" (Black) that combine and then go to the basket and pump via 2" pipe.. However leaving the pump the the pipe steps down to 1.5" and enters the filter etc. It appears the valve was a 1.5" put into a 2" system with a 1.5 return line. Is this correct?

Inlet.jpgValve.jpg

I,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all pool owners who have their own "Pool Person".... :snorkle:

While your DE filter might be a little on the small size for your pool, having to backwash or clean your filter is not due to filter size, but due to a water chemistry problem.

My guess is that your pool person stops by for 15 minutes once a week and tosses in a few 3" stabilized chlorine tabs and calls it a day... :p

I believe that your filter is doing exactly what it was made to do, and that is remove unwanted "stuff" from your water. I am not talking about a few leaves that get in your pool, but algae... Even if you can't see it, it can still clog your filter in a hurry.

Is your water green or cloudy, or has in recently been green or cloudy?

Our entire process is based upon the home owner testing their own pool water so that they know exactly what to put in to balance their pool, and more importantly want not to put in...

I suggest that you review our pool school to see what we are all about... Pool School - Pool School

If you can provide us with the following data, we will be glad to get you pointed in the right direction...

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.