Is the TFP method practical for a commercial-sized pool?

I’ve seen a lot of public pools by me using the color Q to test. Which although isn’t perfect is still much better than strips.
Just to be clear everyone — I don’t think I’m an expert nor am I walking in thinking I know it all because of this forum
I will bet a paycheck that although you may not be an expert, You know WAY more than whoever has been holding that clipboard. Just sayin.

• Love
Reactions: thefloatqueen
I’ve seen a lot of public pools by me using the color Q to test. Which although isn’t perfect is still much better than strips.

I will bet a paycheck that although you may not be an expert, You know WAY more than whoever has been holding that clipboard. Just sayin.
You are probably right lol. Thankfully the clipboard folks are pretty laid back and not the grumpy “set in their ways” type people so hopefully I can teach them a thing or two if they’re open to it lol

Last edited:
Also, don’t short change yourself so much. Your success story going from No to Pro in a month after finding us is the PERFECT example of what TFP is all about. So we need to change a few parameters. Bigger pool with different regs........ Pfffft...... Mere details Your Majesty.

• Love
Just curious about the no-no for CYA - I didn’t know public pools weren’t allowed to have any! Anyone know the reasoning?

(Please note that I’m not arguing, just wondering)

Just curious about the no-no for CYA - I didn’t know public pools weren’t allowed to have any! Anyone know the reasoning
IIRC........ with a BIG if..... :ROFLMAO: ..... it had to do with the once size fits all for public pool regs and many of them being indoors.

Reactions: kellyfair

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Keep in mind much of this is majorly “over-simplified.”

Almost all states acknowledge part of the FC/CYA ratio, the part that chlorine becomes “less effective” as CYA increases.

Almost all states ignore the other part, the part that acknowledges that this can be overcame by a higher FC level.

Many states and cities look at this with the mindset that CYA’s sole job is to protect against the sun, so indoor pools don’t need CYA.

A few states/cities took this further and used a paint roller when making the rules. A handful banned it for outdoor pools as well.

I suspect you’ll find that regulations are often aimed at safety and not as much practicality/cost. Often they’ll be over safe, and for good reasons. It’s almost always able to be overcome……but it’s gonna be expensive. As an example, you’ll be able to keep the pool safe/clear at 4ppm chlorine. To do so you’re gonna use a lower CYA level and a very rapid turnover rate. You’re going to use slow trickles of chlorine, most likely liquid, any time the pool is in use. You’re going to keep the pH lower than we’d suggest as the chlorine will be slightly “more effective” than a higher pH.

Just to be clear everyone — I don’t think I’m an expert nor am I walking in thinking I know it all because of this forum and research I’ve done online. I think some may have taken this post the wrong way and I should probably edit the whole thread.
Too late.. you are now the TFP Commercial Pool Expert! That's what happens when you get "Featured". I'm sending all my friends with commercial pools to find you on your floaty! 👀

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.