Is the filter pump supposed to be energized 24/7?

tenderfoot

Bronze Supporter
Aug 10, 2017
North/TX
Hi,

I am looking at the electrical connections that the installer made in the jandy control panel and I just noticed that the jandy variable speed filter pump is wired to the line side, together with the LINE voltage cables. In other words, as currently wired the pump would always receive 220V (yes, both load lines are connected as such).

This does not seem normal. At least not according to the manual. Does it always need to be energized and the RS-485 actually switch it on? The manual is not clear on this, but I thought the pump was supposed to be connected to the load size of the relay and therefore energized only when the iaqualink computer activated the relay.

Thanks!

All VS pumps I know of are wired as your electrician did it. They are powered full time with the control panel acting as your timer/controller unless you have automation.

@mknauss: Thank you for your reply. I do have the iaqualink computer and IQ-20 cellphone interface. Is that what you refer to as automation? Or are you referring to automation as the case where actuators are present and controlled by the iaqualink?

What you have is automation. So you will control your pump run times and speeds via the automation.

Ok. Thank you. I apologize for being thick headed... I understand that this means that the pump is always energized, but only actually runs (ie. suck water) when the automation system tells it to do so via the RS-485 interface, correct?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.