Is my pump Alright?

EuropeanPool

Aug 7, 2020
Iasi, Romania
I was away on a trip and when I came back, the water level in my pool was low, right under the skimmer’s minimum mark. Exactly on the lower side of the mark.

I have attached some photos (I have a video which shows better, but I cannot add it here - if it is alright, tell me and I will upload it somewhere else and give you the link here to see how much water was flowing) to this thread, here, to see how much water was going into the skimmer. Is my pump alright? Was it enough water to go through the skimmer, in order for my pump to not swallow air?

Attachments

• D40B0504-D486-46F6-9E54-3A95AD98E194.jpeg
    D40B0504-D486-46F6-9E54-3A95AD98E194.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 5B50F2AC-DA27-4E94-AA96-88D07BDE66EA.jpeg
    5B50F2AC-DA27-4E94-AA96-88D07BDE66EA.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 9
Yes, the water level in your poolside skimmer was low in the photos. How was the water in the pump basket - under the clear lid? If it was still full or mostly full in the pump basket, your pump should be okay. But now you need to figure out why the water level dropped.

I am not sure, but I think that it was water, if not full, in the pump basket, what I was able to see under the clear lid. But it didn’t cross my mind to look at it carefully, so I am not sure how much attention I put into it.

Evaporation - I was away too long.

This is the video -

Based, solely, on what we can see in the photos and in the video, as in based on the quantity of water that we see going through the skimmer (because I am not sure what I’ve seen through the pump’s clear lid and I cannot give you a concrete answer and therefore, I cannot take that as a mark), what do you think? Enough water for my pump to not get air?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.