Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I tested my water around 7 AM eastern this morning and was surprised to see my pH is 7.2. Is this considered corrosive? The pH drop is (I am assuming) due to rain and me having to add dry acid last night since somehow the pH got up to 7.7 (this was pre-rain). I added a tad more than recommended since my pH always seems to trend upward. By “a tad more”, I mean maybe two tablespoons. I have an Intex Ultra Frame pool and I’ve heard of the parts rusting so this makes me nervous!

If not low enough to be corrosive, should I just let it aerate with the pump running and let it rise naturally or should I add pH increaser now to raise it to 7.4? It is supposed to be sunny all day with highs in the mid 70s. We had a cold front come through with some rain the past few days (hence my freezing cold 60 degree water! Brrr!). Thankfully the forecast is all mid-upper 70s and sunny until next week. Here are my numbers from this morning:

062454BD-15B0-46F7-9B8F-9F6358EF5050.jpeg

Last edited:
Recommended range of pH is 7.2-7.8. There was no reason for you to lower pH at 7.7 Don’t manage pH to hit a number. Just keep it within the range. 7.2 or 7.8 is as good for you as 7.5.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.