Is it algae if I can't brush it off?

adl6009

Mar 19, 2015
Long Island, NY
Ever since the winter mesh cover came off I have had what looks like a stains on the vinyl liner. It appears in streaks, it's dark in color, looks like a shadow and I cant brush it off. Last year I bought a cover that turns out does not block the light and I had a huge algae growth. Shocked the pool and had a guy power vac to waste. I took a picture but you really can't see the discoloration. Thank you.

Can we get a set of current test results, along with the source of those test results?

If you rub a vitamin C tab on it and get no change, try doing the same with a chlorine tablet. If the vitamin C causes it to fade, it's metallic. If the chlorine tablet causes it to fade, it's organic. That info will help us assist you in putting a game plan together.

Tc-3, Fc-3, ph-7.5, ta-100, cya-30, temp 85F. I'll have to get some vit c. Will a really old (5 years or more) chlorine tab work? I am looking for a fas-dpd test kit locally, otherwise I have to wait about a week to get one delivered, so I can slam properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.