Is CircuPool really the best?

I believe it would be cheaper and more effective to control the SWG with an Intermatic timer. With so few adjustments necessary for the SWG, it seems silly to control it with automation. I adjust mine no more than about once per month, increasing as the weather warms and decreasing as it cools. The RJ 60 model would allow for the most Cl2 production at the lowest rate setting, thereby preserving cell life.
I use a Megachlor with Cl2 detection in my 450 gallon spa for the same reason. Works great!

I have a CircuPool SJ-40, it's 1.5 years old now and I haven't had a single problem with it. I really like that the cell housing is clear. It's super easy to check that the unit is working and that the plates are clean. I haven't had to clean my cell at all.

I believe it would be cheaper and more effective to control the SWG with an Intermatic timer. With so few adjustments necessary for the SWG, it seems silly to control it with automation. I adjust mine no more than about once per month, increasing as the weather warms and decreasing as it cools. The RJ 60 model would allow for the most Cl2 production at the lowest rate setting, thereby preserving cell life.
GamecockTim
Can I please respectfully disagree slightly with your last statement.
I do agree with your "cheaper" comment (unfortunately :)). That is very true. But in my own experiences, not necessarily with your "more effective" comment (I am only speaking from a "Pentair" perspective here). Without automation, a Pentair IntelliChlor can only be adjusted in 2% increments from 0% to 10%. Then 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100%.

However, with automation, I can adjust the IntelliChlor in 1% increments within the full range of its chlorine output (0-100%). The ability to adjust in 1% increments is much more effective in fine tuning the IC to just the right percentage of chlorine output. I have found this ability much more effective in targeting the exact chlorine output required to keep the FC right where I want it (until temps start changing again :))
Thanks for allowing me to clarify when it comes to my own "Pentair" perspective ...
Please take care.
r.

Reactions: GamecockTim
GamecockTim
Can I please respectfully disagree slightly with your last statement.
I do agree with your "cheaper" comment (unfortunately :)). That is very true. But in my own experiences, not necessarily with your "more effective" comment (I am only speaking from a "Pentair" perspective here). Without automation, a Pentair IntelliChlor can only be adjusted in 2% increments from 0% to 10%. Then 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100%.

However, with automation, I can adjust the IntelliChlor in 1% increments within the full range of its chlorine output (0-100%). The ability to adjust in 1% increments is much more effective in fine tuning the IC to just the right percentage of chlorine output. I have found this ability much more effective in targeting the exact chlorine output required to keep the FC right where I want it (until temps start changing again :))
Thanks for allowing me to clarify when it comes to my own "Pentair" perspective ...
Please take care.
r.
I see what you mean regarding the Pentair SWG. The RJ series of Circupool is adjustable in 5% increments from 0-100%. A 20% adjustment would require much more frequent adjustments to maintain a target FC level. The only time I have made that large of an adjustment is 24 hours in advance of a large pool party. Good points raised!
Tim

Reactions: MyAZPool
I've been running my Core-55 in our 20-K gallon for a couple months now. It has 25% output increments. I installed it vertically off the discharge of the filter. I did not have a long run to install horizontal and I did not want to turn the plumbing into a mess. So far I keep the output at 75% power on a separate timer at 7 hrs of run time and 11 hrs of pump time. The digital timer is triggered to come on with the pump and is a delay off relay set to how many hours or minuets. The combination gives infinite amount of control. I have to say it's a bit overkill as I could have just gone to 50% power and adjusted the on time of the pump as needed. With sun, heat, rain and pool loads changing it still varies a bit. I feel a better way of doing this is to actually have a chlorine feedback control to the SWG to adjust it's output on the fly. I'm not sure how accurate or reliable an electronic feedback system is. So far for the price, I'm very happy with the Core-55.

I see what you mean regarding the Pentair SWG. The RJ series of Circupool is adjustable in 5% increments from 0-100%. A 20% adjustment would require much more frequent adjustments to maintain a target FC level. The only time I have made that large of an adjustment is 24 hours in advance of a large pool party. Good points raised!
Tim
Tim
Thanks very much for the info regarding the RJ series of Circupool. I didn't know that. Circupool certainly gave the increment adjustments a bit more thought than Pentair. OR did Pentair do that intentionally to get some of us to spring for the automation? :p Sure makes you wonder. :unsure:
Anyway, thanks again and please take care...
r.

Reactions: GamecockTim
Have a curcupool rj60. Have a large pool and it’s been a rockstar. Had to set it st 75 to keep up with the chlorine demand (I have a hungry pool).

Works well. You can buy pipes and build your own vertical kit. It’ll be about 3 feet tall.

I don't think we have ever said that Circupool was the "Best".. What we generally say, and what appears to be proven by this thread, is that we have a number of members that have reported being very satisfied with their Circupool SWCGs...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.