Montville NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I have been using Ahh Some for quite some time now, and I know it is designed to foam.

I just started using Aqua Clarity after my last water change, and there was some foaming - is this normal ? Nothing too crazy, and after a day it no longer foams, just wondering.

Thanks

Hello Phonedave: Even after a successful plumbing purge using our Ahh-Some or the liquid and mixed Aqua Clarity maintenance product, it can foam a little if there are still remnants of the purge process that was not emptied out. Plus, as organics are released into the water as normal soaking continues you may periodically see small amounts of foam when the jets are on high. Ideally, after a 20-30 minute soak it is advantageous to wipe away any build-up you may see at the waterline and up to the top of the tub perimeter. If this is not something you do automatically the bio-goo will typically get caught in the filter(s) after enough circulation takes place. Wiping any waterline film will get you more mileage from your sanitizer. Foaming will also be mitigated over longer periods without draining. A good indicator to determine if you are approaching an upcoming purge requirement is to see how long the foaming remains on the water surface after the jets are shut off or turned down. Remember also that “off-gassing” takes place when the jets are first turned off. You will see the tiny bubbles rising to the surface. This is very normal. What I am referring to are foam with slight discoloration Inside the bubble. Glad to hear that you are using the Aqua Clarity. Please keep posting as to what you are noticing about the product. Your water clarity should be fantastic. Your filter(s) should be grabbing smaller and finer particulates with this product. The tremendous advantage of using Aqua Clarity is that you won’t need tp purge nearly as often since the “AC” is working 24/7 to prevent biofilms from attaching to surfaces. We keep most of it from sticking which means that your sanitizer reacts on it keeping your hot tub happy and healthy.

Reactions: Newdude
Hello Phonedave: Even after a successful plumbing purge using our Ahh-Some or the liquid and mixed Aqua Clarity maintenance product, it can foam a little if there are still remnants of the purge process that was not emptied out. Plus, as organics are released into the water as normal soaking continues you may periodically see small amounts of foam when the jets are on high. Ideally, after a 20-30 minute soak it is advantageous to wipe away any build-up you may see at the waterline and up to the top of the tub perimeter. If this is not something you do automatically the bio-goo will typically get caught in the filter(s) after enough circulation takes place. Wiping any waterline film will get you more mileage from your sanitizer. Foaming will also be mitigated over longer periods without draining. A good indicator to determine if you are approaching an upcoming purge requirement is to see how long the foaming remains on the water surface after the jets are shut off or turned down. Remember also that “off-gassing” takes place when the jets are first turned off. You will see the tiny bubbles rising to the surface. This is very normal. What I am referring to are foam with slight discoloration Inside the bubble. Glad to hear that you are using the Aqua Clarity. Please keep posting as to what you are noticing about the product. Your water clarity should be fantastic. Your filter(s) should be grabbing smaller and finer particulates with this product. The tremendous advantage of using Aqua Clarity is that you won’t need tp purge nearly as often since the “AC” is working 24/7 to prevent biofilms from attaching to surfaces. We keep most of it from sticking which means that your sanitizer reacts on it keeping your hot tub happy and healthy.

To clarify:

I purged my tub with AhhSome - got some build-up but nothing crazy (I normally purge before refilling, and keep on top of chemicals, so I should not have *that* much biofilm)

I drained, cleaned the tub, and refilled.

I balanced chems, and the tub was great - no foam, nice and clear.

I added AquaClarity and got a lot of foaming - immediately after adding - Only with jets on high, and it did dissipate pretty quickly when I turned them off, but there was noticeable foam. This was also "big bubbles" some of them approaching the size of a softball.

24 hours after the addition, the foaming no longer occurred.

I regularly wipe the waterline of my tub.

Is this normal for AC ?

On my 800 gallon spa i usually get about a 1 ft diameter floatie, maybe less, each week i use AC. I suspect you have more purging to do. Any foaming i get from AC is gone within 30 min. Foaming is not from the product its from organics releasing from your pipes

When the Aqua Clarity is introduced on a weekly basis, as recommended, you may notice a small amount of foaming from the initial reaction the product has with the water. Being a mild surfactant, the product will weaken the water’s intermolecular forces which breaks the surface tension of the water which can create a small amount of foaming. However, as Phonedave has noted, this only lasts a very short time unless you add way more than what is recommended. Running the high jets right after you add the “AC” will create foaming as well. A short time after you add the product, the foaming will dissipate. Large bubble type foaming is NOT caused by the product unless the tub was overdosed with the Aqua Clarity or if the plumbing, jets and hot tub surfaces have a good amount of bio-contaminants. There could be other reasons for large foam bubbles as well. So, add the required amount weekly and you will experience a tiny bit of foam on occasion but it dissipates quickly. People hate to purge their hot tubs and drain the water. Using the “AC” weekly maintenance product with acceptable levels of sanitizer and water balance, you can purge half as often. When you do purge, you’ll see much less gunk than what you were accustomed to seeing. .

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.